The Independent School Health Association (“ISHA”) aims to support the development and sustainability of health and health education in independent schools. Our mission is to equip independent school communities with the information, skills, and resources to navigate emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially their health and well-being. We are also committed to illuminating the relevant associations between health and academic achievement, and how they influence student motivation and potential.
ISHA is dedicated to promoting health through:
- partnerships with independent school communities;
- creation and sustainability of a forum dedicated to the discussion of healthy schools and health education;
- professional development through conference coordination, active website, listserv, social media, and a newsletter;
- providing a resource library with content related to health curriculum and health program development;
- creating awareness around social causes of health and disease, and;
- promotion of evidence-based and other best practices.